RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Seahawk 72 Build
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2016, 11:17 AM
expresscraft

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It looks to be opened up nice, I would go more on out then the in at this point the only thing I see that I would think is a problem is the in holes might be to high, Normally one hole that size 4-6" in front of and low on the carb side is enough, the hot air rises and should get pushed out of the holes in the back just fine,Also I hear what you are saying but the cylinder should be hot to the touch after a run, A 2 stroke does not run well if it runs too cool. I am certainly not saying to fry it, I am just saying that you probably would not want to grab it after a run even when all is perfect.So judge it more on if it loads up or slows down with the hatch on, then if its hotter to the touch. If the motor does not breath good it will load up. If it gets hot and slows down then it's too hot. should not do any damage while showing these symptoms, damage normally comes from too hot and a unloaded free spinning engine. what i am saying is a good guide line, but of course nothing with a engine is carved in stone, while you are there and I am here. just keep playing and having fun and it will keep falling into place.

Last edited by expresscraft; 08-09-2016 at 11:20 AM.