RCU Forums - View Single Post - Jet Pilots Org-JPO
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2016, 03:21 AM
CraigG
My Feedback: (40)

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by vquick
I never became a member do I never saw the ex vp doing anything for this Association now the you are VP I may joint but I want to now what we get as members what will be the benefits
Victor,
As a Special Interest Group (SIG), the JPO is the official "voice" of the jet community to the AMA. Over the years they have been critically involved in development and improvements of the turbine waiver and LMTA rules. They have also participated in the AMA's response to the FAA uSAS rule making initiative. Publication of event coverage and "how-to" and opinion articles in Contrails is an added benefit of the JPO but not its primary purpose.

The turbine waiver and LMTA rules may not be perfect but I hate to think what they would be like (if they even existed) if not for the input of JPO. The benefit of membership and keeping the JPO viable is the support and protection of RC turbines going forward. The District Rep (not a VP), participates in JPO meetings and the decision making process. He is also your best direct link for input to the JPO to express your ideas and concerns.

It is to the advantage of all AMA turbine waiver holders to belong to and support the JPO.

Craig