RCU Forums - View Single Post - Jet Pilots Org-JPO
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2016, 03:59 AM
rbxbear44
My Feedback: (86)

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

All great input! Here is why I said "yes" to this...because there is a great foundation of purpose and mission, what's missing is members to create community...meaning, functioning together in order to enjoy this part of the hobby and making sure it remains safe and productive....together!

Honestly, I have always read "Contrails" cover to cover. I like reading the reports of other districts and my own. I like the articles on "how to's". And frankly, this is the only publication where I actual received some good intel on the AMA-FAA issue.

When Craig Gottschang was our District Rep a few years back, I felt plugged into something because he did a great job promoting the JPO, getting new members, showed up at several of our events and talked about what this org. was doing.

I think involvement is critical these days...at least identifying with the JPO as a member. Especially with the dynamics of our particular area of the RC hobby...which requires a waiver system, additional safety equipment, aircraft weighing more and going faster...my feeling is, it takes each person from one of 250,000 voices with the AMA, to one of 2,000 (if everyone joined the JPO).

More can get done for sure and I bet we would have a greater impact.

Rex