RCU Forums - View Single Post - Welcome to Club SAITO !
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2016, 06:51 AM
SrTelemaster150

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave, FormerDairyFarmer
Pete, re CDI,
Many consider things like Cline regulators, CDI and other accessories to be, (something else that could go wrong), but a well made product makes things go right.
I have a 27 year old C&H module that has been through numerous crashes (one a straight in WOT total loss of the airframe) that still works perfectly.

The only "failure" I have had with CDI was spark plugs fouled due to oil collecting during storage. They would sometimes fail to start on the 1st session after storage. Paying attention to the orientation of the cylinder head during storage eliminates that problem & I keep a spare plug soaking in a small bottle of acetone just in case.

As far as the switch being a source of failure? I use the same switches as used for the Rx. If the same switches are unreliable we would have lots of radio failures.

To maintain the battery pack, I use Nmh packs & alternate between charging the Rx & Ig packs between flights.

A 750Mah Nmh pack will run a single cylinder module for about 45 minutes @ 10,000 RPM.

The front port/switch is for the Ig, the 2 rear ports are redundant Rx circuits. I use 2000 Mah AA Ig pack for nose weight behind the firewall.

Last edited by SrTelemaster150; 08-10-2016 at 07:01 AM.