RCU Forums - View Single Post - Welcome to Club SAITO !
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2016, 07:08 AM
SrTelemaster150

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by acdii
So the Rascal 168 calls for a 50-60CC gas engine. What Saito would be a good match for this? Would like a twin and probably go CDI(maybe get an FG and swap the carb out for Nitro).
Originally Posted by Old Fart
The fg57 would fly the sig rascal very well with a cylinder poking out each side,don't forget to allow for the offset when you cut the cowl.That engine is based on the 'old' 300 nitro twin and if you've ever bench run one of those you will know how much i look forward to a 360 version if they ever make them.You'd be bulk buying nitro if you did'nt think seriously about cdi and straight methonol.I'd run nitro because i like the animal that that lets out.

ps captain shush up or you'll have sr batting on about cdi for months
Originally Posted by acdii
Still kicking myself for not buying that almost new 300 for $300 when I had the chance, but what held me back was the fact it would suck fuel like a kid sucks Mountain Dew. Whatever I get for it will be a Saito though, no other engine would do it justice, especially not a 2 stroke chainsaw. Of course first things first, i have to actually buy the plane when its available. Already have $100 down on it. Then I have to find a bedsheet to cover it with, maybe two of them. Its a big sucker.
My FA-300TTDP (dual carbs) uses 1.5 oz of 15% nitro Cool Power per minute @ WOT W/CDI. That's no worse than n FA-150 on GI.

Eliminate the nitro & reduce the lube & you would see even better fuel economy. Rather than converting an FG-57 to methanol, I would convert an FA-300T to CDI. If you still want to go FG to methanol, opt for the FG-61 that has the same stroke as the FG-57 W/a larger 37.2" mm bore & adapt the 12 mm FG-220 Big Bore carburetor. That should make at least 6 HP.

Last edited by SrTelemaster150; 08-10-2016 at 07:12 AM.