RCU Forums - View Single Post - Jet Pilots Org-JPO
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2016, 07:10 AM
rbxbear44
My Feedback: (86)

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by FenderBean
Well that was kinda my point, I have been to a lot of jet events the past few years and ky jets this year was the first time I have heard talk. I never see topics here on rcu, I'm not saying they haven't done great things for the jet community. If they want awareness and support we need to know. A JPO sticky thread here in the jet forum would be great! People like Rex can only enhance the overall mission of JPO for sure.
Haha, love the thought about merchant ships! Awesome!

Actually I read my electronic copy of Contrails when I'm flying overseas for work. I don;t read the monthly AMA Magazine anymore really, roll through the pages to look for something I might have an interest in but never find anything because it's all about Drones, electrics, micro-flyers, Heli's...etc. I have no real interest in any of those. But I do have a deep interest in Jets and technology of this side of the hobby. A new breed of turbines with on board ECU battery charging??? WOW! Even discussions on how in the world to get a jet airframe ordered and received within 90 days...I like that stuff.

Just yesterday I heard from a buddy that flies jets, that it would be wise to change out the "Satellite A" extension annually on a Spektrum Rx system because, if that one goes, you are dead! That's community and would be something to talk about electronically, via forums, events, etc.

I am thinking "membership" WILL indeed help simply because, when someone is a part of something, they will invest themselves in some form, whether it be participation or at least listening/reading. I am an optimist...I am hoping for 100% membership of all Waiver Holders. But for the sake of "realistic", I would just love to see the membership double. Then, those that are not members will still benefit from the work and community of those that do.

Thanks for your input. Appreciate it. BTW, I'm 56 years old, very A.D.D. as far as focus and am a member of two RC clubs that do not allow politics, are Board run, no club meetings, no voting. So, I'm with you as far as what a SIG ought to look like!

Rex