RCU Forums - View Single Post - old timers look here must be 50+ years only
Old 08-12-2016, 09:37 PM
Telemaster Sales UK

Received 146 Likes on 123 Posts

Saturday 13th August has dawned calm and fine, indeed we've had no rain to speak of in the centre of France since the end of May. I plan to fly my BE2e later today. I've only flown it once before.

I'll take a memory stick to the flying field and ask the secretary to put some pictures of the events at Sazeray and Gueret on it.

I've been volunteered to participate in a charity motor cycle ride tomorrow, "Motocoeur." "Moto" means "motor bike" and "coeur" means "heart." We will ride to the village of Lourouer St-Laurent which is about 30 miles (50 kms) away from here, to raise money for people with a mental or physical disability. The organisers hope to beat the record for the number of bikes which have participated in this event in the past, 1201 machines. The lady who owns the local bar has volunteered to be my pillion passenger so over the last few days I've adjusted the chain, and checked the fluid levels and tyre pressures. I've not bothered to adjust the suspension as the lady in question is very slim!

Note to American readers: the term "motor bike" as used in Great Britain can refer to any two-wheeled vehicle with an engine and is not restricted to small motorcycles, so a Vincent Rapide and a Honda C50 are both "motorbikes."

Two pictures to be getting on with.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Triumph Sprint ST.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	857.5 KB
ID:	2176713   Click image for larger version

Name:	BE2e.JPG
Views:	139
Size:	357.4 KB
ID:	2176714