RCU Forums - View Single Post - E Z Arf Models
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2016, 02:24 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by go_hercules
So would the fiberglass shafts and 4-40 rods in the y-fork arrangement be stiff enough on it's own, or would that need some intermediate support along the shaft? With the y-fork, it seems like on some models if you push on one elevator half, the other one moves opposite because the long shaft is getting pushed sideways. Or could it be that I am overestimating how stiff the setup needs to be on a 40 size plane?

Oh, and what about just running two elevator servos? Would that add too much weight?
I would always just keep the 4-40 rods as short as possible, I never added internal bracing, it was plenty stiff

Place the servo sideways if you're really concerned about the minuscule differential the servo arm rotation would cause,, they always flew just fine for me,

Yeap,
The hardest part was snaking the rods through the slots, I would use the outer tube from nyrod as a guide, slide that in from the tail forward, slip it over the threads, then pull that all out as I pushed the push rod back,,, that worked well

good luck

Last edited by scale only 4 me; 08-16-2016 at 02:28 AM.