RCU Forums - View Single Post - AMA Insider calls for CHANGE. VP running for President supports TRADITIONAL MODELLERS
Old 08-16-2016, 04:45 AM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rcmiket
The AMA reached out to them with FREE memberships thru Best Buy that by their own admission didn't do well but did net about 900 new FREE members. Now just how many FREE offers we given out and how many were redeemed I don't have off hand. Now if we can't get them to redeem FREE membership offers just what can we do to get them to join? Then how do we get them to turn FREE into paying members?.
You suggest the AMA to become the " hub for information about commercial licensing" that's not what were about .

They are a "Self-supporting, non-profit organization whose purpose is to promote development of model aviation as a recognized sport and worthwhile recreation activity."

You also mention "MR safety" I believe they also have that covered in the safety code along with" Know before you fly" ( which they are listed as one of the founders.)
Now the only group of MR users I see actually flocking to the AMA is the racing crowd as MulitGP the sanctioning body requires AMA to race and we still don't know just how many were members before joining MutliGP and are actually new AMA members. Just how many will remain paying members after the newness of racing wears off.
Mike
Revisionist history at it's best, and outright lie or distortion at worst. Folks really need to get their facts straight before spewing out this misinformation. Either they don't know what they don't know and want to pass it off as fact, or they know the facts and want to avoid the obvious.

The AMA never said the program wasn't successful or didn't do well. In fact they said the exact opposite. It was successful, just not as successful as they would have liked.

As for the FREE membership....you are again, mistaken.

The only think you got remotely right is that there are MR racers flocking to the AMA, I'm glad you've changed your previously help opinion that NOBODY with quads or drones were joining the AMA>.