RCU Forums - View Single Post - Problem Need Help.
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2016, 06:26 AM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Menaceofri
@Rusty so what servo would you get for this rc then?

imlooking at the ones on amazon that have prime, so i canget this thing in as little time as possible, i dont want a cheap one i have to worry about. dont want to spend more than 50either, unless absolutely necessary for a good one.
Are you able to send the servo back?

One servo I always like to have as a spare for my stadium/short course trucks: Hitec HS-5625MG High Speed Metal Gear Servo. They have a great balance of speed and torque for 1/10 RCs, and they are digital. Problem is, they are twice as much as the servo that was recommended to you before. The price and specs of the Solar D771 are just great. I have no first hand use of them, so I always tell people to look at reviews of items they think they want to buy. mbuggy87 has a few of them Solars and likes them. Good enough for me.

The bottom line for some people is the $$, I get it. I didn't have choices back in the day like you have now. I didn't have the www to search/research the handful of manufacturer's servos that were available to me. Hitec/Airtronics/Futaba were always top sellers, and Hitec gave me the least guff over the years. So I'm probably a little biased towards Hitec, but I'm currently opening up to other brands of servos used in my RCs.

My concerns are the longevity of the servos, and replacement gear sets? I can't find replacement gears should a Solar servo gear strips. Me doing a quick search for replacement gears, found nothing . Wait...Servo Gear Set for D771 .

There are a bunch of great servos out there. Just remember to get something close to standard sized:Length: 1.6" (41mm) Width: 0.8" (20mm) Height: 1.5" (38mm)

Get out there and throw some dirt!

Last edited by RustyUs; 08-16-2016 at 06:44 AM.