RCU Forums - View Single Post - AMA Insider calls for CHANGE. VP running for President supports TRADITIONAL MODELLERS
Old 08-17-2016, 02:55 AM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mongo
never mind on the date for your quote. found it finally.
also found this, which might help whoever it was that was wanting to know some membership breakdown stats.
yesterday is 15 apr 16 at the time these minutes were recorded.

Membership as of yesterday – New Open/Adult memberships up 4,478, renewals were down 2,102. Overall Open/Adult memberships up 2.7% to 70,678 year to date. Senior, Park Pilot, and Youth memberships were all up. Memberships are up 10,895 to 178,863 for a growth of almost 6.5% over this time last year.

appears that less than 71,000 members are paying full price for membership, and the remaining 100,000 thousand are reduced cost for seniors and parkies and with about 50,000 free youth.
kinda wondering if that 71,000 includes the life memberships that are actually no revenue memberships.
Originally Posted by mongo
even if you set the figure of non toy grade drone/mr users at 100,000, to get only 900 or so of them to join up with the AMA, can be seen as damned close to none. and just from my personal experience, 100,000 is a way low number to try and believe.
Right, so go with 10,000, or perhaps 5.000 as a number, it sounds even worse right? LoL. Even when we get "facts and logic" that the membership numbers are on an upswing, folks will "believe" what they want. Heck, there's even members here that think because they build turbines worth six figures (I think they include the comma in that) they have far more credibility and "skin" in the game than those that fly foamies. I think it might have even been the guy enamored with facts and logic who said he wishes he could just show up at a field and fly those foamies, alas, tis not to be. Perhaps those elite of the elite, the big jet jocks are really the ones propping up the AMA?