RCU Forums - View Single Post - Sig Riser 100 electric Build
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2016, 12:33 PM
Pork Chop
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Aquila1954
Very nice.
When you put that rudder on to the fin, check to make sure the clearance of the rudder is to that elevator. You know where the notch is. I found in mine, it was not getting enough clearance to move without pulling away from the hinges. I found in my case that elevator at the center where the dowel is was not close enough when I glued the hinges in place. So, I took out my trusty dremal and sanded out more of the notch. (Picture 1). Fits and turns the rudder much better. The rudder hinges are not yet glued.

The pins in my rudder hinges was for, so when I pushed the rudder on. The hinges wouldn't go to far into the fin in picture 2.

Okay, on your plane.
What battery size and ESC are you using.
Is this your first time at Electric or have you done this before. This is my second one with E-Power.

My batteries are Turnigy 2200 30C 3S Lipos's. And my ESC is a Turnigy Plush 40A /with 5A bec. Kind of funny, the "green" where the 2.2 number is a reflection from my cell phone case.

I'm using 3s, 25c, 2200 batteries I use with another plane and a HK 40a with bec I have from my (crashed) T-28. As for the notch thanks for the heads up but I checked that before covering, I've ran into that before and I like a lot of available rudder on my RES gliders.