RCU Forums - View Single Post - C-ARF Ultra Flash build Thread + Video
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2016, 06:46 PM
737Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MaJ. Woody
A couple of questions:

I have been a Jetcat Guy from the start and have planned for a P140RXI but am also considering the new Cheetah SE because of the Lifetime Warranty. Anyone have experience with this motor in the Ultra Flash?

Still on the fence with Gear. Seems Behotec is a good choice but not easy to get a complete package as outlined in this thread.I am considering the Packages from Dreamworks. The air combo as well as the Pro Electric Combo. I see a couple of you have opted for the Electric combo. How was the install? How are the gear holding up? Any regrets on the eclectic setup?
Thanks!

Dear Sir,

Here is what I'm using,

http://www.dreamworksrc.com/catalog/...Gear-Combo-Pro

I have no regrets with this choice of gear. That being said, I had it out for the maiden yesterday, flew it 4 times, and had no issues with the gear at all. It sure made for a clean install, no air lines, no air tanks, no valves, no servos to do all that. Very clean install, easy to program with the data terminal. Now there is a bit of dremeling to install the mains into the wings, like 2-3mm of hardwood out of the way to get the Pro-Links to drop in. I sure would be happy to snap some photos of my install to ease your fears, IF you chose that route. There is SOME work to install them, but I'm very happy with my choice. I'm using the Interico wheels, boy howdy there are NO ISSUES WHAT SO EVER with them coming off the rims on takeoff, solid tires, last for a long time. The tech support from DreamWorks has been ROCK SOLID as well as questions that arise with the install and use of their products. I'm NOT selling any particular type of gear, I can only comment on what I'm using. It's just really nice not to have to lug extra gear to the field, and fewer items to install. Feel free to PM me and we can chat at further length if you wish. I can't tell you how happy I am with my Ultra, especially after yesterday's VERY routine maiden!!

Tom

Last edited by 737Driver; 08-23-2016 at 05:35 AM.