RCU Forums - View Single Post - Skymaster 1/5 Scale F16 Build Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2016, 05:01 PM
Viper1GJ
My Feedback: (20)

Received 330 Likes on 217 Posts

Ran cold fuel system tests before final assembly of fuse sections. This allowed me to observe all the tanks and plumbing during filling and pump operations. Everything checked out ok. Both saddle tanks emptied at nearly the same time and there were no signs of cavitation at full pump power.

After fuel system testing the airplane was fully assembled and the final CG calculated. It now shows 282mm from the leading edge with the air trap tank full and fuel tanks empty. This should be good for the first flight.

Levi, my nose gear seems to work fine. I tested it on the table and it looks like it is working well. Not sure what your problem could be. Maybe purging all the fluid and re filling the system could help.

Thanks Andy, I have always used separate air systems for gear and brake systems. This is the first jet I ever did that had "aux" air systems like the canopy and speed brakes. At this point the gear and brake systems are working well, but I have a very slow leak in the aux system. Not sure where yet. It will drop 50% over 2 hours so not to worried about it for canopy and speedbrakes. Later if I put it on a diet I could drop the third system, but not sure I would be comfortable with all the stuff on one system.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2521.JPG
Views:	1407
Size:	106.0 KB
ID:	2178128