RCU Forums - View Single Post - Welcome to Club SAITO !
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2016, 03:01 AM
BJ64

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SrTelemaster150
This (FA-200Ti) would probably fit better than an FA-180 & makes the same or slightly better power comparing both with CDI..

Best of all, it is made to run inverted & the remote needle allows flexibility with the fuel tank location.

With CDI it uses 1 oz of 15% glow fuel per minute @ WOT. With GI it swills 12 oz of the same fuel in 7 minutes!
That'd be nice to have, Tele - but I already have my 180. A bit short on funds these days, so I'll have to make do with what I have. The 109 has been a 'hangar queen' for like 3 years already - time to whack the 180 into it and see what happens.

As an aside, I'd love to find a way to make an inline 3 or 4 cyl 4-stroker using whatever top-ends I can get my hands on (OS, Saito, ASP etc.). I have a mill and a lathe, so I could probably do most if it myself - the hard part would be the crank.

Unless... of course...there's a way to "daisy chain" 3 or 4 existing single cylinder 4 strokes to make a single long engine.

Surely... someone's tried to connect the prop shaft of a motor behind to the crank/drive of a motor in front before (??)

My thinking would be that for a 3 cylinder rig, each individual donk would be timed 120 deg apart.

Do-able?

BJ