RCU Forums - View Single Post - C-ARF Ultra Flash build Thread + Video
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2016, 10:08 PM
737Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MaJ. Woody
Hi Guys.
For those with the Dreamworks Electric Gear Pro version, how are they holding up? The trunion and frame appear to be the same as the air operated so its a question of the screw jack and electronics. just wondering about the longevity of those parts. How many cycles do you think you have on them at this point?
Thanks!
I'm the pro-link electric gear/brake user, the maiden on Sunday went well with no problems on retract/extension. During the build I cycled the gear approximately 30 to 40 times and had no issues at all. The really nice thing about the electric setup, when the gear is down and locked, IT'S DOWN AND LOCKED, The electric brakes work REALLY well. I dialed them back to about 50% of their useful capacity. At 100% brake, the tires lock, you can dial in 1-10 levels of ABS if you wish, to pulse the electricity on/off for an ABS effect. Matter fact, IF you had the Pro-Link pneumatic set up you could send them to DreamWorks and they will retrofit them with the electric setup. They are the same gear, with the pneumatic pieces removed and electric pieces installed. I'm very happy with my electric setup, fewer parts to install, don't have to carry an air compressor to the field! If you do choose the electric set up, you might want to consider buying the data terminal to make set up easier.

Last edited by 737Driver; 08-25-2016 at 10:10 PM.