View Single Post
Old 08-27-2016, 12:45 PM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by franklin_m
Actually, it was your comment:

"Well sure, make it as difficult as possible for folks to enjoy how they fly, absolutely. All in the name for safety right?"

to which I was referring.
Lol, mkay. So I attended this event today, couldn't have picked a better day weather wise. Warm for sure, but a nice gentle breeze. Hung out with some folks doing about as "traditional" flying as you could get. Freeflight, rubber band, etc etc. Talk about building skills and attention to detail. Really amazing stuff. So we're passing the time shootin the breeze and I ask them what they think about the whole drone thing, horrible the AMA and the hobby are now that they are involved. They look at me like I'm speaking a different language. Nothings changed from what they could see. I said really, don't we need to take the AMA "back", and go back to focusing on "traditional" aero-modeling, one guy said....what is that? I laughed and said you're right, what is that? Without going into details on the tax paperwork that's suddenly a huge issue, I said is anyone here concerned about the AMA budget and what they are paying in salaries, the magazine etc? Nope, no problems. They pay their dues, get the magazine, and look to make sure their events are publicized (they were).

It's absolutely amazing the perspective that you can get when you actually go out to a field and fly with a group of folks who share a common interest, rather than having a myopic point of view and/or feedback in the echo-chamber that can be what we see online.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	ff.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	3.82 MB
ID:	2178467   Click image for larger version

Name:	ff2.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	400.7 KB
ID:	2178468  

Last edited by porcia83; 08-27-2016 at 12:48 PM. Reason: added pics