RCU Forums - View Single Post - Another Drone Pilot does it Again
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2016, 05:13 PM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by franklin_m
Good for them! I went to the club field last Saturday at about 2PM. Bright sunny day, slight breeze, and warm. Not a single person flying. Went again today. No wind, sunny day, warm. And nobody flying.

That's four to six trips to the field in the last three months or so. I think I chronicled them here on RCU. All on weekends. All on relatively good or excellent weather days. Nobody flying.

So each experience can be much different.
Is this the same club you are no longer a member of, the one you chronicled quitting after doing a cost benefit analysis and realizing you could save $100.00? by leaving? If it is, why do you keep going to the club you are no longer a member of? Did you rejoin?

But I agree, experiences can be different. A suggestion, try visiting another club. Perhaps the one you keep visiting isn't really that viable anymore? Perhaps people are quitting based on the economics, cost benefit etc etc. There's one club close to me that's down to 25 people, it's a tight, smaller field and there are so many others nearby that offer ore, so it's slowly fading. It happens.

Although most experiences overall will tend to be the same, it's really great to get out, meet other people, and experience the hobby at a different club. Tomorrow I'll be maidening my Twin Otter at a club close by, the finishing the day at my "home" club. I expect there to be 20-30 pilots by the time I get there at 12 or so. We do have an occasional slow weekend, but with 214 members now they are few and far between.