RCU Forums - View Single Post - Tech Aero IBEC interference with Electric Retracts?
Old 08-28-2016, 03:21 PM
Champstarr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tech Aero IBEC interference with Electric Retracts?

Aloha RCU Flyers,

I have a TF .60 size P-47 with electric retracts. It flies great however last weekend I installed a Tech Aero BEC so that I can remotely kill the ignition and run all of the electrical components off of one battery. The battery I am using is a 2500 MaH A grade LiFe 123 from Tail Dragger RC.

When I cycle the gear on the ground prior to flight they operate perfectly. Also when I turn on the ignition (engine is off) move the sticks randomly and cycle the gear they still work fine. But when flying the plane the gear will not retract at first. Then it will randomly retract then extend itself randomly.

Sometimes one gear unit will extend or retract randomly. This only happens when the gear switch is in the retract position. When the gear switch is in down position the gear stays down and doesn't move at all. What's going on here? Is the IBEC creating interference on the gear channel? The signal is supposedly triple filtered.

If it helps the model is powered by a VVRC 20CC engine, I use all S3004 analog servos, E-flite 550 series electric retracts, 9 channel Spektrum receiver and I use a badger power slider switch.

This plane is a fav of mine I really want to fix this problem.

Any help or advice is appreciated.