RCU Forums - View Single Post - Another Drone Pilot does it Again
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2016, 03:48 AM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by franklin_m
I don't begrudge folks that have the time and money to support a variety of clubs. I know that with my kids' sports schedules, my work, and mix in a few other hobbies, I didn't get to the club less than 15 miles away let alone those 40 or 50 or more.

I'm just asking if the club field based business model will remain viable.
asked and answered here, and by the formation and longevity of thousands of clubs across the country. Many if not all are made up up folks of all ages, who have kids and grand kids with crazy sports schedules, with folks are who are budgets (and some that clearly are not). Some have members in different states (I belong to a club in NJ that takes two hours to get to, some of our members come in from NH to fly). In other words, they are melting pots of people and circumstances, but they all make time to come together and enjoy the hobby at a club. Obviously, it's a personal preference, and I'm not in any way saying that those folks who fly by themselves, or with others in an unstructured AMA/non AMA environment are not enjoying the hobby just as much.