RCU Forums - View Single Post - Another Drone Pilot does it Again
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2016, 02:27 PM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mr_matt
On Day 1 of this mess, the AMA should have said "if it has a camera, it is a drone"

"No camera, it is a model aircraft". So simple.

But they never even tried that. They not only did not shun the flying cameras but embraced FPV rules (the worse of the potential camera drone abuses) and then lobbied for the CBO title.
It's simple alright, simply wrong.

On day one AMA should have banned $10,000 jets too right? If it had a jet, it's out! Because we know how much damage a 50 pounds jet filled going 150 miles per hour can do right? Have yet to see a story where a drone crashed at an event and spewed fuel all over someone "like I blowtorch" (per Tiano's description) causing second degree burns.

But this is just a repeat of the samo samo "oh if they would have old done this" revisionist dream history sequence. Now it's a camera that differentiates what is in the hobby or out, lol. Except of course you know cameras were on fixed wing aircraft years and years before the advent of MR right?

But of course the AMA doing that which you suggest, banning cameras would have been useless and silly.

Thank god the folks on the EC were prescient enough to see the value of being involved with this new and exciting technologies, as they have been for 75 plus years. Otherwise, we'd all be chasing planes like this in the fields.

I know it's not a 10,000 dollar plane but it's still better than those horrid foamies and arfs amiright?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	ff2.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	400.7 KB
ID:	2178855