RCU Forums - View Single Post - Another Drone Pilot does it Again
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2016, 04:36 PM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by franklin_m
Well, then I guess I'm a lesser valued person because I don't have the kind of time to devote to all the volunteering things you've said I should. As I recall become a Leader Member, become a CD, an Officer in the club, etc. Just don't have that kind of time. Glad you do. I don't.

My kids have zero interest in the hobby, so if I take off for a day to fly, I don't get to do things with them on their days off. If I go boating, shooting, bike riding, or even out to the woods to our cabin, they love to go. Head to the flying field? No interest at all.
Somehow I knew what I chose to do with my own time would be weaponized, just as it was when the whole Leader Member issue came up with you and the others. This constant feeling of not being worthy, or less valued, not breathing the same air as others, not being a leader member etc etc is a symptom of something (i'm thinking projection)but it sure isn't coming from me, that's all on you. Or better yet look to some of the 'traditional" folks who build giant scale and $15,000 turnbines who look down upon the foamy and arf masses. I've never said a single thing about anyone being better than anyone else, so please spare me the insinuation I've said that. I've never used any of those positions/accomplishments or others to say I'm better than anyone else, just noted that I've put my money where my mouth is, and then some, and gotten involved. As I said previously, it's a personal choice. I realize people don't have the time or ability in some instances to do it, I've never even hinted that this is something to look down at anyone else over. We all do what we want, with who we want. It's great to that ability to do so.