RCU Forums - View Single Post - Another Drone Pilot does it Again
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2016, 05:17 PM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by franklin_m
I do take many of your comments as looking down the nose at people who aren't part of the ruling class of Leader Members, Club Officers, AVPs, or EC folks. I lost count of how many times recommendations from me or others was met with some call to get involved, volunteer, become a LM, etc. Why keep pushing that unless the views of those who aren't part of the nobility carry less weight.

And yes, the hobby is not well served by the example you cited above. Have seen it in action, and perhaps it's fitting that they appear to have an operating discipline problem. I honestly could help with that, it's what I do professionally, but I doubt I could get past the culture of invincibility that I think is the root of the problem (my opinion). Hey, what could I possibly know about changing an aviation safety culture? After all, I'm not a turbine waiver holder.

So yes, it does come off that way. You may not mean it that way, but that's how it comes across to me (and perhaps others). Maybe that explains why some of us are down on the AMA? Maybe the "you're not a waiver holder" crap is another? Maybe the comments about "you only fly little planes" might explain it some more.

You've never shied away from criticizing my tone. But then again, perhaps that's appropriate, as I and others are just the "unwashed masses" of not Leader Members, not club officers, not AVPs, and certainly not in the rarefied air of VPs.
Originally Posted by franklin_m
Perfect example right there. If you're not someone who has the time to get involved, then you're not "putting your money where your mouth is." Or, in other words, someone who's to be seen and not heard.
LoL, I forgot unwashed masses...too funny.

You missed the part about personal choices right? Rhetorical question....purely rhetorical. I'll have some of my serfs check for responses in the a.m.