RCU Forums - View Single Post - Sim to real life transitioning
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2016, 01:43 PM
Johnnysplits

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by J330
You're easily going to spend over $1,000 to get giant scale in the air, maybe buy one second hand RTF from the marketplace. Strong servos, fancy power, adds up quick. Look at this super deal and in Astor FL. You can go fishing, camping, and come home with your dream plane in one trip up I-4 to Rt 40. http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/ite...itemId=1082065

It's glow 3 cylinder, easily get most of your money back auctioning that off for market value and replace it with a gas engine. Nothing sounds like a 4 stroke Saito.

OR $425.00 for plane, servos, and an os 120 four stroke. (was the original engine before I bought the
Radial) It flies great with the 120, but I had to have a radial engine.

OR $ 300.00 with only the plane and servos.

That is a nice plane. Can't beat the $300 deal. However, being that I'm just getting into planes, I wouldn't know what to look at...to know just by looking if the thing was crashed then repaired. Cars, trucks, boats...I know exactly what to look for. So, nothing sounds like a 4 stroke Saito huh? I'll have to check it out. But I'm sure it doesn't sound as good as a 400 Moki. And besides, I'm so done with nitro engines. Those engines are long dead and buried for me. Which brings me to another subject...instructors. Never dealt with one and don't know what to expect.