RCU Forums - View Single Post - Tech Aero IBEC interference with Electric Retracts?
Old 09-02-2016, 11:40 AM
Champstarr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BarracudaHockey
I don't think its the IBEC

We have one doing the exact same thing and there's no IBEC involved.

A friend asked me to maiden an ESM P-47 with a 20cc RCGF and when things were doing well I did a high speed fly-by down the runway and the gear cycled. Freaked me out, I immediately dropped the gear and circled and landed, figured something was loose or awry and I didn't want his new plane to total itself while I was holding the transmitter.

We have replaced the y-harness on the gear with a heavy duty one, run power direct from a battery to the rx without any switches, Horizon even replaced the retracts, it still does it. We can duplicate it on the ground by placing the plane in a cradle and starting the motor and advancing the throttle to about 40 percent and the gear will freak out.

So, don't waste your time chasing the IBEC
Did you see Speedrecerntrixi's post about not being able to supply enough current at one time to run the retracts? I think that could be it since the gear was working fine before I added the IBEC and switched everything to one battery. Today I will redo the the power system on the retracts so that it runs off a separate Battery/switch/receiver. I will let you know how it goes.