RCU Forums - View Single Post - More news from the AMA, boy are they busy!
Old 09-09-2016, 03:10 PM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by franklin_m
Well, it's tough to not notice that despite all their blustery rhetoric about how it was unlawful, that it shouldn't apply to AMA members because they're already putting AMA number on planes .... we're required to register with the FAA.

And as far as impact, don't know that being there made all that much difference. I wasn't even there and yet two of my comments were quoted directly in the federal register. Can't help but think the FAA wouldn't have included them unless they thought them valuable input.
Ya, that other org similar to ours in size and scope and gravitas (NRA) also bellows out blustery rhetoric about all of our god given rights to guns guns guns being taken away illegally, odd that they just can't force the govt to do what they want. They all puff their chest and make noise but behind the scenes concede, make deals, and are smart enough to realize they don't have all the power in the world. If they didn't posture for their membership, they would have to hear about how wimpy they were, and how ineffective they were, despite being involved in a process. Kinda like damned if they do, damned if they don't. But yes, it's not unexpected that you doubt their being involved will make a difference. Chances are if they weren't involved, we'd hear about that as a shortcoming on their behalf as well. Better watch that comment about the federal registry though...might find yourself at the other end of a boastful attention seeking me me me accusation there! It's been known to happen! I'm getting the sense that even if you have tons of experience, and we need to trust those that say that they do, it's best not to really talk about it. Keep it on the DL. First rule of RC experience.....you don't talk about RC experience!