RCU Forums - View Single Post - P-38 Lightning Brotherhood
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2016, 08:25 AM
simple
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Suppo 7035/8 190kv Brushless Motors and prop combo looks great. I would complete the build using that combo, you will need the weight and the scale props will draw any excessive speed out of the motors.

High speed flutter on elevator has been the death of many a "high performance" built P-38's and there is video out there to prove the fatality of it. Your hinges all look solid so you should be fine and the props will look the part.

I have DA50's on mine and thats more than enough power using performance 2 blade props - I think you may just have stumbled on the correct combination of weight, power and looks. I am excited to see how they spin up.

There is nothing wrong with power on these, especially at initial rotation or on final flair. Also that occasional "sink hole" at the transition of the field to the runway can always sneak up on you during approach and a little tap on the power can be a gear saver right then!

This is one of the better and exciting builds I have seen in a long time - your jig looks more complex than the plane

I did a little clean up work on my nomenclature and turbocharger this weekend getting the bird ready for Warbirds over the Rockies.

Chris get that video link from facebook up.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	FullSizeRender.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	1.71 MB
ID:	2180785   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2017.JPG
Views:	92
Size:	1.95 MB
ID:	2180786