RCU Forums - View Single Post - Rc m1917 1/16 project
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2016, 08:45 PM
frijoles108

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Guys, Im doing an update on whats been going on. I went to a local fed ex and got the picture blown up to 1/16 scale, and have finally been able to get to correcting all my measurements from the last mess up. Surprisingly, my original measurements were not too far off of these correct ones, usually by only a mm, but i digress. It was awkward at the store, kinda, as I had thought i figured out the correct magnification at the store, but got it corrected in about five minutes so it was no big deal, so there was the employee printing off these blueprints, and they were the wrong magnification. 2 tries later and we had the right one, thank god he was a nice guy and was patient with me! I have a photo of the 1/16 scale blueprints next to a penny below so you guys can see how big this tank will be.

I then proceeded to correct the measurements as you can see me making the adjustments below on the old drawings...

I have assembled the wonderful gearbox, thanks again Jeff for help with picking it out, and it works very smoothly. I set it to the highest ratio, which i think is about 1:250, so the tank will have an accurate speed...

Below you guys can see where this gearbox will be positioned in the tank...

I have been looking into the clark boards at the advice of Maus and RichJohnson, ty both, and have decided that the clark looks pretty good, and doesn't look like it will be too painful for my wallet. I also really like the look of the servos, as they come at a nice price, so i will definitely be utilizing some of those for turret rotaion, and possibly gun elevation if it can fit. If not i can 3d print some nice housings for modified servo casings at my school, cause they never use it.
Thats all for today!
Later,
Ben