RCU Forums - View Single Post - Need help restoring.
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2016, 06:37 PM
lvl16magikarp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Need help restoring.

Hey guys,

Wasn't sure where to look for help for this so I thought i'd start here and hope for some good help. So a few years ago I lost both my grandparents on my mom's side within 2 years. It hit my mom's family pretty hard and as they were going through all their belongings one thing that came up was my grandad's rc plane. He was in the airforce during Korea and my grandma worked at Wright Patt during the same time. But needless to say my Grandad loved planes and had them all over his house. He also worked on model and RC planes. The plane in question is rather large and unfortunately needs a lot of work as he crashed it a long time ago and never got it fully back together. Because of this and the fact that no one else in our family has any true experience with this kinda stuff no one really wanted to claim the plane.

I've always shared the interest of airplanes with my grandad, we would go to various space/aeronautical museums from time to time. So I said I would gladly take it with the plan to restore it and have it fly at a family reunion at sometime in the future to honor both my grandparents. Unfortunately having no real experience in RC planes I'm not sure where to start. I'd like to have it done professionally somewhere so I don't have to worry about mistakes but I am not sure where to get that done or how much it will cost. Attached below is a picture for reference.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Joey

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20130802_220908.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	1.79 MB
ID:	2181027