RCU Forums - View Single Post - Saito FG-60R3
Thread: Saito FG-60R3
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2016, 01:22 PM
MDavis28

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi guys, been working on baffling. I have a TM1000 and get "live" feed back temperature on my DX8. I think it is 10* off because my inferred temp gun was reading 10* cooler. I made a baffle to fit around the FG-60 and tight on the inside of the cowling. A test flight showed that it was getting up to 332* with some full throttle action. I have done some more mods to my a baffle. Even though I was diligent to make the baffle as close to the engine as possible, I still had some gaps. So I used a sheet of craft foam stuff and glued it to the back of the baffle so that it laid on each side of each cylinder. I also used it to close a gap I had at the bottom of the cowling. I also added a piece in front of the exhaust exit hole to create a low pressure area to draw hot air out. I test flew this and without any other changes it dropped temp down to 319-324*. On Sunday I picked up some exhaust header wrap. I could only find 1 inch x 50 feet. I only used 6 foot of it to cover just the ring not the tubes coming from the heads. I did 3 test flights and non got over 309* with long periods of full throttle. I'm happy with the results this far.