RCU Forums - View Single Post - ~~SIG Brotherhood ~~
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2016, 07:13 AM
acdii

Received 97 Likes on 88 Posts

Oh I could fast charge the 3S8000 Mah packs, but as you said, learning curve, and what I learned is if you want your batteries to last, dont amp them up with fast charging. Learned that lesson with my first pair of 3s packs, they don't have much life left in them, what used to get me 10 minutes, now gets me 6 minutes or less, which is why I went to the 8000 mah packs for the TO. The 8000 mah packs can be charged at 8 amps, I charge at 2 instead. The Gen Ace packs I have can be charged at 4, and I did that, and they eventually started losing capacity by doing so, then switched back to 1.5 amps on those and they stabilized, though not quite near what they use to be. Fast charging also heats them up more, and if you fast charge, then fly and pull heavy amps, eventually they will start to puff and you might as well throw them out then, as they will soon brick. I just looked at my stash and forgot I bought a pair of 6500 mah packs for the TO for back to back flights, and never put the connectors on them. I will need to weigh the packs and add some lead to them to equal what the 8000 mah packs weigh so the plane balances properly otherwise it will be tail heavy. They sit in the nacelles forward of CG.

What I do like about the TO, it sounds realistic as it flies by under 3/4 to WOT since the real version is turbine powered, and whines as it goes by I haven't finished repairs on it yet from when I pancaked it on landing at SIG June 2015. Have the nose gear to finish and get another RX battery for it, then it can be flown again.