RCU Forums - View Single Post - Serial Numbers on AMA Ballots ????
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2016, 06:35 AM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by franklin_m
As a proud member of the AMA's unwashed masses, those to be seen and not heard, I cast my ballot today. That said, I'm well aware that the same folks who will be counting ballots could be effected by the outcome, so I fully expect my vote will end up in the trash before it's counted.
Hi Franklin ,

I also believe the ballots should be counted by an independent outside firm , and my reasoning is this ;

I was told here some months ago by at least two different posters that the only thing keeping the AMA from receiving a literal deluge of fraudulent model aircraft theft insurance claims is the fact that a police report and signs of forced entry are required to be submitted with the insurance claim . Do you remember me having that conversation with a couple or few of our fellow RCU posters ? Well , if we the members are suspect of possibly giving in to the temptation of "easy money" by filing a false claim , what's to say a member directly affected by and involved in a vote won't also possibly give in to the all too Human temptation to skew the results in his own favor ? This is NOT any kinds of accusation , just to head THAT off before I get it thrown back at me , this is more a case of if we the members are suspect of possibly giving in to temptation then aren't ALL members subject to possibly giving in to their Human urges to "take advantage of the system" ? At what point does a member go from being someone who may follow their urges and needing built in "checks & balances" to insure the honesty of , to someone of such rock solid honesty that they are to be taken as being 100% beyond reproach and as honest as ol "Honest Abe" ?

The Scriptures are chock full of stories of Human temptation and NO MAN is above being tempted . Most do not follow those temptations . Some do . If checks & balances are required of us "unwashed masses" , shouldn't the same apply across the board , from us lowly members right on up to the EC ?

The outside counting of Ballots is just the kind of fair check & balance an election like this deserves if it's integrity is to not be called into question .

Last edited by init4fun; 09-20-2016 at 06:38 AM. Reason: Yes , once again , TYPOS , for real ....