RCU Forums - View Single Post - Serial Numbers on AMA Ballots ????
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2016, 09:43 AM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by init4fun
Hi Tim ,

Here's what I was getting at , and I hope you understand ;

Yes sir I do , I trust as an organization 100 % completely in the AMA . I wouldn't have been a member for 50 odd years if I didn't ....

Now , people on the other hand , people as individuals , I trust a good 95/98 ish % of . Not 100 % . No way no how . And that's based on years of seeing accumulated stories of people doing a very good job of hiding their bad character , the best example being these kindly friendly neighborhood good guy dudes who turn out to be serial killers or serial predators like that guy Sandusky who went to jail after hurting all those children all the while in the guise of "coach mr. nice guy" . Since neither You nor I or anybody else has a divining rod that will with 100 % certainty identify someone untrustworthy the entire civilized world is made up of checks & balances to attempt to thwart the ill intended . We , as members , have our checks & balances in the form I've already discussed . In times past , the AMA EC themselves saw fit to instill the check and balance of the outside count specifically to keep the integrity of the election at 100 % because they knew the old adage of "it only tales one bad apple ...." .
Not having a go at you here, but I can't see the logic in saying on one hand you trust the AMA 100% as an organization, but then turn around and suggest they aren't trustworthy of counting ballots and that task should be paid for by an outside agency. Yes, I see the comments about "people", but the AMA is made up of people, not some nameless and faceless entity that operates in a vacuum. If you don't have trust in one, you can't have it with the other.