RCU Forums - View Single Post - Saito FG-60R3
Thread: Saito FG-60R3
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2016, 03:30 PM
luckymacy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by slither
Macy, the distance from the firewall to the front of the cowl is about 5 inches (it ranges from 4-7/8 to 5-1/16, since the firewall is angled for right thrust). That means the firewall is a little over 1.5 inches too long for the FG60R3. I will take this over to the other thread on the Yak, since this one is about the engine... we can discuss it further, over there.
Send me a link to your other thread. If we did get the same Yak kit you must be measuring something wrong as I only needed a couple of normal washers to adequately clear the cowl just as Tom Hintz reported on his web site with his Yak. However, in the end, I decided to go with a different engine on the Yak. I'll save the Saito for something else scale but not requiring a lot of power to fly scale well. Maybe a WWII paint scheme Reliant like this http://texasrcplanes.com/stre10gonor.html

I'm totally not happy with how the Saito flies the TF P-47. The previous engine I had on the P-47 was a lot more fun for my style of flying. To each his own as they say.