RCU Forums - View Single Post - Serial Numbers on AMA Ballots ????
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2016, 10:26 AM
franklin_m

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TimJ
I don't recall a personal attack. I do see a vested interest in an organization that basically was pissed on by those whom haven't taken the time to educate themselves or lift a finger. I can see how you would become quickly defensive or offended by some of the allegations of election fraud. Should be no reason for someone to loose their moderator status for such a subject. We are all human.
Educate ourselves? About what? Perhaps the innumerable cases of ballot stuff in much smaller organizations handling much smaller amounts of money? Or perhaps about how to conduct an election that doesn't create an opportunity for impropriety? Something else?

Lift a finger? Last time I checked, nothing in the bylaws required anything more than my money on time and a signature on an agreement that carries no weight outside an AMA field - if they even enforce it at all. So that really isn't germane to the discussion, as we've done everything required of us.

As an EC member, aren't they supposed to set the example? In this case, that appears to be turning to personal attacks whenever their feelings get hurt.