RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Hangar 9 P-51 60cc
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2016, 05:32 AM
sjhanc
My Feedback: (3)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

BUDMAN2,
You need to plug the receiver's gear channel into the controller, then all of the retracts and door servo connectors into the controller output ports. If you try to run the door servos off of the receiver it would be 1) a y harness from the gear channel, one side connected to EITHER another y to the doors, or 2) to a JR Matchbox, then to the doors (full servo reversing, and endpoint adjustment), then the remaining side of the first y to the retract's controller. These last two options would open-close the doors but not in the P-51 sequence. To get the scale P-51 sequence all servos and retracts need to go directly to a controller.

I have heard of a transmiiter type (brand) that lets you get sequenced gear and door control directly from the radio (using multiple channels) but can't remember what brand. I have used my JOMAR controller for both air and electric retracts with both air and/or electric door control from the JOMAR controller using two servo driven ROBART air control valves, I don't know if the Eflite retracts would be compatible with the JOMAR.

I know that the Futaba has some different servo directions from other brands but that doesn't change the way this is done, just the need to reverse some servos in the transmitter's servo direction menu. And you need to make sure the transmitter's gear channel is set to subtrim=0 and endpoints to 100% to start. The Eflite controller may need specific changes to these settings, I think I remember reading something in my brother's Eflite instructions about that. You have connected the door servos directly to the controller-programmer and adjusted them to work properly, then unpugged them from the controller (loss of programming) and into the gear channel expecting the servos to retain the programming-this ain't going to work.