RCU Forums - View Single Post - All that AMA money, ever wonder where it all goes?
Old 09-22-2016, 08:28 PM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default All that AMA money, ever wonder where it all goes?

So there's lot of discussion recently by a few folks about the AMA and the millions of dollars they collect by way of our dues. One suggestion is that more money should be given out to clubs, but it's not clear what clubs, and how this should be done.

What appears to be missing in that discussion is the fact that the AMA already sends money out to clubs, they just do it on a needs and merit basis. I think folks might not be aware of the multiple ways that clubs can seek money from the AMA. For instance, do you know that your club can received upwards of $175.00 per year just for getting your events mentioned in local media? Can you believe it, I mean, how easy is that? I recently submitted a newspaper article and expect that our club will receive $75.00, merely for being mentioned. It could have been $25.00 more of the article spelled out what AMA stood for. Cha Ching! What program does that money come from you might ask? The club recognition and reward program. I wonder how many clubs are aware of this and take advantage of it? I don't recall anyone mentioning this lately, hopefully this post will help.

Is your club going to upgrade or improve facilities? Would you be surpirsed to hear that the AMA hands out money for this? By golly they sure do! It's like...free money there for the asking! That's done through the AMA Flying Site Grants. As an aside, they gave out $23,000 in 2016. How complicated is the process...well, just take 5 minutes or so to fill out a form and provide some documentation. It always helps to get an AVP and DV involved in the process too!

http://amablog.modelaircraft.org/fly...nts-announced/

2017 grant applications can be submitted at this time.

My club has received over $500.00 over the past few years for various reasons, it just takes a bit of effort to get some paperwork filled out, simple as that!

Here is a link that provides some additional information on the many programs available to clubs, hope it helps!

http://www.modelaircraft.org/membership/clubs.aspx

When you sign in, click on the "Club Services" tab under Members and Clubs.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	cashola.png
Views:	97
Size:	92.9 KB
ID:	2182574