RCU Forums - View Single Post - Bavarian Demon Cortex PRO is here!!
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2016, 11:12 AM
JSF-TC
My Feedback: (2)

Received 134 Likes on 78 Posts

David,

Thank you. Any more bugs that we should be aware of?

One more observation, and this one may well be common with the original Cortex also.

Following on from the trim effect on initialization I observed, I looked at the effect of Flight Mode trim on the gyro inputs.

My Ultra Flash has a 34% elevator trim point difference between Cruise and Landing Flight Mode. With gyro gain set at 100% and moving the model in pitch, there is a significant reduction in gyro inputs when switching from Normal to Landing Flight Mode for the same pitch 'disturbance'.

I think I have deduced that this is due to the stick priority gyro settings, and it washing out the gyro inputs as you move the controls away from neutral, either by manual inputs or by trim settings. Thinking back to setting up my original Cortex in the Ultra Flash, I ended up with about 25% gain in Normal Mode, but 75% gain in Landing Flight Mode, and feeling like I could run 100% gain comfortably. I think I now see why there can be such a large gain difference between Flight Modes. Is there a way to set gyro settings where Flight Mode trim does not have this effect.

Paul