RCU Forums - View Single Post - Self Maintenance on Turbines
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2016, 02:14 PM
landturbo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Self Maintenance on Turbines

Hi folks,

I used to fly RC and turbines awhile ago and assembled a KJ-66 and flew it in a BVM Aggressor back in the beginnings of RC turbines. Haven't flown RC since I got back into full scale flying 15 years or so ago. I have some ideas for land/water based small turbine power but obviously the entire market has changed a lot since then. Understanding that my land based ideas are a lot more harsh on the rotating components/bearings, I would want to inspect/service the engine more frequently and by myself. I would like to leverage the kero start technologies and all the new gizmo/gadgets that are in todays turbines.

So my question is.... Which manufacturer is the most accommodating if you want to service your own engine? I am not worried about voiding warranties, etc. and accept that for use outside of RC, I would forfeit any kind of warranty. I would just like a modern engine with parts availability from a manufacturer that is willing to provide such parts and answer a few questions I might have on maintenance. So without starting any kind of "who's the best" forum war... Who is most likely to serve my needs?

Thank You,
Rick