RCU Forums - View Single Post - I Bought A Traxxas Revo 3.3 Today - Did I Get A Good Deal? (Pics Inside)
Old 09-25-2016, 02:23 AM
Pejaco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I Bought A Traxxas Revo 3.3 Today - Did I Get A Good Deal? (Pics Inside)

Hi everyone,

I have been out of the wonderful world of RC Nitro trucks for almost 10 years now, however on my way out from I remember the Traxxas Revo was the hottest latest and greatest RC on the market.
Today browsing Gumtree I came across what I thought was a really good deal and jumped at it, however given I have been away from the hobby for so long, just looking for a little re-assurance on whether or not I actually did well.

This Revo was listed for $300AUD and from what I am told is a Revo 3.3 with almost $3,000 in hop-ups/upgrades installed. I picked it up for $200 AUD

Whilst there is no way for me to validate the upgrades as they weren't all noted and obviously and didn't come with any receipts. From what little I do know, I have noticed the following aftermarket parts installed

OS 21TM Revo Engine
Pro-Line Bow-Tie Tires
Rpm Suspensions Arms
Rpm Front Bumper
Red Anodized Aluminum Toe Links

I'm sure you probably all know a lot more about my truck than I do so feel free to note any other significant mods that you can pick up in the photos.

Some other observations; I noticed the Transmitter is an older style Traxxas transmitter that uses the oldschool crystals system and metal extendable antenna. So I'm assuming my revo is an older style. Is there much of a difference between this 3.3 Revo and the new 3.3 Revo?

One more question, The RX Battery is toast, it charges on the traxxas charger for 5-10 minutes and the charger blinks then goes solid as if its fully charged. I think I will need a new RX pack but I don't know which ones will fit and where to buy a decent priced replacement. I have also uploaded a picture of the stock Traxxas rx charger so preferable one compatible with that charger would be great.

Thanks so much in advance everyone, looking forward to your replies.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20160925_185139.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	4.16 MB
ID:	2182758   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160925_185231.jpg
Views:	485
Size:	4.14 MB
ID:	2182759   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160925_185305.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	4.67 MB