RCU Forums - View Single Post - Demon cortex questions
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2016, 06:38 AM
wfield0455
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by F1 Rocket
Do you have a Cortex USB cable? If so lower the elevator gain by 2 points and increase the elevator stick priority 10 points using the Cortex software. While you are in there you might as well set the servo type to digital if it is not already set.
Danny, can you provide and info about the relationship between stick priority and dual rate settings in the transmitter ? For example, lets assume I have an airplane where I have 50% dual rates for low rates which I will use for precision flying and high rates set to 100 percent which I will use for extreme aerobatics. I also want the Cortex to decay the gyro gain so that it is essentially off at full stick deflection in each mode so that it doesn't fight my control inputs at all.

I assume I would start by setting both bank 1 and bank 2 for rate mode (have no interest at all in hold mode) and then doing something like setting gains, etc for bank 1 for low rate / precision mode and bank 2 for high rate / 3D mode.
So is there a specific relation ship between stick priority and rates ? It seems there SHOULD be since with different rate settings the Cortex will see different stick deflections. For example, with the Aura 8 gyro which has the ability to set rates and expo internally, setting the stick priority to match the selected rate will cause the Aura to be off at full stick deflection and I would like to be able to understand how to accomplish the same thing with my Cortex. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Last edited by wfield0455; 09-26-2016 at 06:47 AM.