RCU Forums - View Single Post - Rebuilding this Armortek Gamo Halftrack
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2016, 06:48 AM
Old MSgt

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Rebuilding this Armortek Gamo Halftrack

I'm almost done building the Panzer IV and I've been driving it around a LOT, just need a few more detail parts then I'll finish painting it.

So til then, with lag time while sitt'in in the garage drank'in BEE... refreshments, I figured I should start tearing this German Sd.Kfz. 7 halftrack apart so I can see what I need to order to fix it.

Yesterday I took off the upper bodywork, finished getting the motors out, took the winch drum off, steering servo, and removed all the electrics (which I'll have to figure out HOW to connect'em back in but I do have the manuals...)

This morning I 'jacked up' the front and took out the leaf springs, beadblasted'em, and repainted them Tamiya TS-3 (cause they were painted gloss gray.) The camo is flat enamel over Tamiya yellow base. I'm probably going to repaint it while I have it apart cause I don't care for this camo.

I short tracked the chassis so I could roll it out, put the Simple Green to it, and wash the old grease/dust off.

I DO know one of the nylon gears (off the motor worm shaft) is bad and it needs two new drive sprockets. I'm going to check the roadwheel bushings too cause a couple wheels wobble pretty good.

Just wanted to give ya an update without having to bring the old, original post all the way forward. More later.

Mike
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	MVC-001S.JPG
Views:	1279
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	2182772   Click image for larger version

Name:	MVC-002S.JPG
Views:	587
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	2182773   Click image for larger version

Name:	MVC-004S.JPG
Views:	476
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	2182774   Click image for larger version

Name:	MVC-006S.JPG
Views:	464
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	2182775   Click image for larger version

Name:	MVC-007S.JPG
Views:	675
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	2182776  

Last edited by Old MSgt; 09-25-2016 at 01:31 PM.