RCU Forums - View Single Post - Elite Aerosport Rebel Pro Build
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2016, 09:09 AM
FenderBean

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by mauryr
Anyone having any issues with the canopy fit? The area where the 2 side locking pins are tends to raise a bit from the fuselage body on mine.
On the manual it shows gluing some thickening material below the slits but that didnt help much and I m afraid tension could cause those pieces to break away.
Been shaving off some material from the front near the pin to try and let it sink some more, but still not satisfied with the gap
Hi Mauyr, I had to do some trial fitting on mine, I also added some thin ply to the fuselage side and 1/4 block on the canopy side to stiffen the composite insert mounting areas. That being said I have not seen any issues from this area on any of the two dozen I have seen flying in the last two years....I did see one last year when the canopy blew off in flight, the model landed without any problem, the owner believed it flexed enough in the middle to allow the pin in the front to pull out.
I tell you, I watched Pablo put his through the ringer at GA jets this week it can handle more than any other jet I have seen so far. Simply amazing jet, fast, slow, 3D, precise and engine out like a boss!