RCU Forums - View Single Post - Rebuilding this Armortek Gamo Halftrack
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2016, 02:00 PM
Old MSgt

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

I've been sitting in here THINK'IN and reading thru the Armortek Option 1 'rc' manual of this model. From what I can gather, one receiver channel does the forward/reverse and another channel does the main motors steering (like all our tanks do.)

BUT, the manual sez you also use a THIRD radio channel to STEER the front wheels! Meaning, they're SEPARATE from the main drive motors steering... (from what I can deduce from the manual)

I'm thinking about using a Sabertooth ESC instead of those big Armortek ESCs cause they're hard to figure out.

SO, I'm trying to 'wrap my little brane around this', when DRIVING this halftrack I'd need to not only steer the tracks BUT also the front wheels. That's doing THREE radio levers together at the same time!

I was wondering: WHAT IF the steering channel wire that's coming from the receiver to the ESC was spliced together with the front steering servo... would THAT make both the ESC and steering servo make the same turn? Both small and little turns?

It's a 24v system. The steering servo is big. The ESC probably don't care because it's just reading the impulses to do something (how much and how little) from the receiver then IT directs the main voltage from the battery to the drive motors. So would it be possible to have the steering from the receiver to control BOTH the steering AND drive motors together off the same wire?

I'm asking this because EVERYBODY on here is BRAINS on electronics! I'm an IDIOT when it comes to electrics. What do you think? ANY help would be really appreciated!!!!!

Mike

Last edited by Old MSgt; 09-25-2016 at 02:12 PM.