RCU Forums - View Single Post - Demon cortex questions
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2016, 06:41 AM
wfield0455
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Bravo77
I bought the Cortex to be installed on my Ultra Flash , I start by using it on my Extra 300 .
It has been a few months now and no matter what I do I hate the thing .
My airplane flies better without the gyro .Good luck I will not install on my flash , cause my Flash flies like it is on rails . I do not a gyro for that .
I believe this Gryo is overrated .
To say "My airplane flies better without the gyro" is rather meaningless without saying why you feel that way. I can't imagine you could have possibly set it up so badly that it isn't more stable with the gyro. Since you started with it in your Extra do you feel that it fights you during maneuvers or what ? That has been my experience with the Cortex, it made the airplane super stable but fought me during violent maneuvers making them impossible, which is why I asked Danny for some guidance on tuning stick priority, etc a couple of posts ago..
Just curios what issue you actually had with it. If you don't feel it made the model more stable then without a doubt, you failed to complete the setup properly. While I don't much care for the Cortex in an aerobatics airplane because I couldn't get it to not fight me during maneuvers, in a jet is an entirely different story unless possibly you are perhaps using thrust vectoring and are looking to perform violent maneuvers. For the types of maneuvers that a jet such as a Flash typically performs you shouldn't notice the Cortex fighting you at all if it is setup properly, it should simply be even more stable in the wind and require smaller corrections less often during crosswind landings, etc.

Last edited by wfield0455; 09-26-2016 at 06:49 AM.