RCU Forums - View Single Post - new mgt 8.0 owner
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2016, 08:22 AM
RCaddict80

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so i actually got some REAL run time in with the new MGT 8.0 on sunday. me and a good friend of mine went to the park in flushing (he has a tricked out Tmaxx 3.3) ran them for a good couple hours. ran through a whole gallon easily! im getting on average about 6-7 minutes per tank with 30% and it has a 150cc tank. so if you do the math thats about 150minutes per gallon!! on a good note..THIS TRUCK IS A BEAST!!! got the temps running around 240-260 depending on if im doing speed runs or donuts in the dirt. im super super happy with the MGT!! that carb is so touchy its unreal! never owned a nitro with such a touchy carb. if i tweak the low side a hair lean it doing wheelies and running 270 degrees. if i tweak it back the other direction its loading up if i let it idle for 10 seconds and running 220-240 degess!! thats crazy touchy IMO! the only option its giving me is wheelies and 270 degrees. or running a touch rich and 240 degrees. guess ill take the 240 lol. but i was thinking maybe i should try to richen up the top end needle a touch while i tweak the low end leaner. maybe that would compensate and cool it down a touch?? either way its not that big of deal. i am running a HOT os glow plug. thats what team associated recommended to me becuase of how touchy the carbs are.