RCU Forums - View Single Post - Demon cortex questions
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2016, 04:50 AM
i3dm
My Feedback: (51)

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by JSF-TC
If you do increase stick priority and fade out the gyro inputs when the stick is only displaced a small amount, be aware of my comments in the Cortex Pro thread.

If you teach the gyro its settings with flaps up, and have a significant flap-elevator trim adjustment required, then when you lower the flaps, the gyro inputs will be washed out, resulting in potentially very little gyro inputs in the landing config. The gyro doesn't know the difference between trim inputs and pilot stick inputs when determining stick priority wash-out of the gain.

My Ultra Flash requires 34% trim point adjustment between flaps up and landing flap (Jeti DS-16), and with the default rate mode stick priority setting I have minimal pitch gyro inputs with landing flap, even with the landing flap gain cranked all the way up. Each axis is independent in this regard.

According to Joachim (DemonJoe) in reply to my post on the Cortex Pro thread, decreasing the stick priority value will keep the gyro more 'in-the-loop' with these trim change effects. I have yet to try this yet, as waiting for a Pro s/w update before flying it. I may try this on the pitch axis only using the second gyro bank and switch to the second bank with landing flap.

Paul
what SW update are you reffering to?