RCU Forums - View Single Post - Demon cortex questions
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2016, 09:36 AM
wfield0455
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by F1 Rocket
I don't know the specific relationship between stick priority and surface travel. As has been suggested by others it should be easy to tell by simply observing the amount of correction applied for various stick deflections. The default stick priority settings are nice for most sport/scale/jet flying. For 3D airplanes I suggest doubling the stick priority for all axis, then adjusting as needed. I test by performing a Pop Top. In this maneuver the rapid yaw rotation at the top is caused by the combination of control surface deflection and the gyroscopic procession that is a result of the rapid application of down (for an upright Pop Top) elevator. Too low a stick priority setting slows the initial application of the control inputs reducing the amount of energy that is transferred to the yaw axis. In addition any relaxation of stick input brings the gains back up which slows/stops the yaw rotation.
Danny, thanks for the suggestion. Pop tops were the specific maneuver I found impossible with the cortex installed. Since at the time I was trying to adjust the cortex I hadn't seen any discussions about tuning it I made very small changes but didn't see much improvement. I don't think I got as far as doubling stick priority though. Thanks again..