RCU Forums - View Single Post - Need radio recommendation for tank with 8 channels
Old 09-27-2016, 09:30 PM
Tanque

Received 95 Likes on 82 Posts

I can say I have a i10 and while I like it I think I can say I like the Turnigy 9x Pro more for the money:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=51442

The bonus is that you can get the open source code ( if you really want to get into it) and make it sing Lilli Marlene if you want that along with eepe
and a USB interface to the transmitter you are just limited by your imagination...

I'll be honest but I haven't looked into the OS behind the i10 but I'm feeling it's more of a one-off affair. I don't believe there's a flavor of open source
OS that will drive it - but ( disclaimer alert! ) I just don't know...

Systems I have are the
i10
Turnigy 9xr
Turnigy 9xr Pro
Trannis
Futaba 8UAF
Futaba 9 ZAP

I know I bubbled about this before and I was a lifelong Futaba fan boy until I was turned on to the Turnigy 9x and Fr Sky Trannis paradigms.

In the interest of full disclosure there's some modifications you need to do to the 9xr types to get them to realize more of their potential.
One of these is to modify and re-wire the transmitter module and antenna so it will pop off the box like a normal radio transmitter but this takes 15-20 min with a soldering pencil and Xacto knife..

On my fist Turnigy 9x I also soldered the USB interface header to the motherboard myself so I could flash the config ( model profiles) files and modified er9x open source. On the second 9xr xmitter I got lazy and bought the SmartieParts solderless interface board. The 9xr Pro eliminates the need to do this soldering and hacking...

My bigger tanks can easily go through 6-8 channels and I don't regret the choices.

And as for the IBU products I sell, the 9xr Pro is simply the Cat's Meow....

Jerry

Last edited by Tanque; 09-27-2016 at 09:40 PM.