RCU Forums - View Single Post - LDS Turbinator 44 build
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2016, 05:04 PM
scootergenie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The plans give you the option of cutting F8 to allow more fuel capacity by extending the tank area up against the servo tray at F9. which is nice. The crutch is almost completed...now working on the fuse sides. I have found a few problems with the formers. F4 and F6 were cut too narrow. also, F1 slots were 3/8" and all the rest of the formers were cut for 1/2". In the fuselage sides, the alignment dowel holes are spaced at 3/8" but the crutch is built with 1/2" sticks, so I'll have to re drill the dowel holes to line up with the crutch. Now, keep in mind that the original size plan shows a 1/2" crutch, but the reduced plan makes the crutch 3/8". But....the formers are notched for 1/2" ! except for F1 which was notched for 3/8"......I think LDS lost a few details when reducing the plans. For a true builder, these things are minor, and can be overcome. However, I could not recommend this cut kit to anyone except an experienced builder. Just hope I don't have these kind of problems when I get into the wing. The overall quality of the wood is good, and the parts count is there. All the laser cutting is crisp and clean. The plan copy leaves a little to be desired though. It is blurry and some of the notes are not legible. If you order this kit from LDS, make sure you address some of these problems.....it would just make the build go a lot faster if you don't have to correct problems. Still, Everyone who's built this size says it's a great flyer ! So I press on !
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	turb4 002.jpg
Views:	1237
Size:	1.33 MB
ID:	2183280   Click image for larger version

Name:	turb4 003.jpg
Views:	1111
Size:	1.47 MB
ID:	2183281   Click image for larger version

Name:	turb4 004.jpg
Views:	1151
Size:	1.35 MB